Do college students drink enough water?
When you enter college, you take the first step to your adult life. But with all freedom and fun you get, you should also think about important things like paying your loan, performing well academically, working, meeting deadlines, managing your relationships, and stay healthy. While you can always send a request, «Please, help write my essay for me» to a professional service like https://papercoach.net/, thus solving problems with studies, there can be a lack of time when it comes to your health. One of the most common problems becomes dehydration: it is easy to handle but forgotten for some reason. In this article, we will talk about the benefits of keeping water balance and some important tips.
Why water matters for students
With all the workload you have in college, there is no surprise you would rather pay people to do homework or find the resources where you can order essay online. There is also no wonder that you forget about such important habits as sleeping well, eating healthily and drinking enough water: you just don't have time for that. However, water is a very important part of our organism: it is the essential nutrient, the level of which should be constantly maintained. Many students think that drinking coffee, tea, or soft drinks can substitute water, but they are wrong. With these products, you become even more dehydrated, which may lead to negative consequences.
Why is drinking water important in college? When you are studying at night (science homework help) or performing a lot of assignments during the day, you can feel fatigued quite quickly. It happens because around 90% of our brain is water, and when we don`t replenish the balance, our mind and body cannot function normally. According to statistics:
- Drinking water improves our cognitive performance thus helping us stay focused;
- Drinking water during exams can help you to attain higher grades;
- You are in a happier mood (while dehydration makes you feel sluggish);
- You can keep or lose weight by drinking water and replacing calories in your diet, you'll become less hungry just with one glass;
- Your energy is increased, so you feel less fatigued and can attend the gym or do other activities;
- Your skin looks better and healthier as it is also made up of water. Keeping the water balance, you replace old cells and receive a well-textured skin;
- Drinking water can remove cancer-causing components in the urine, thus lowering the risk of bladder cancer. It also prevents or relieves headaches just with one glass taken regularly;
- You can save some money by getting free water at restaurants and cafes;
- Many components of our bodies such as temperature and digestion rely on water to function properly and by drinking water you can avoid having to visit your doctor too often
Even though these benefits cannot be underestimated and drinking water is a simple thing to do, many students still neglect this. Here is what you can do in order not to forget drinking water regularly:
- Buy and carry a reusable water bottle everywhere you go: lectures, parties, trips, shops, meetings with friends, gym, library or just your friend`s place;
- Use one of the useful mobile apps that counts the amount of water you drink and sends you reminders and push notifications;
- Drink one-two glasses of water before you eat: breakfast, lunch, and dinner already give you at least six glasses, and you don't consume too much food;
- Eat products containing water like fruits, beans, and vegetables in case you forget just to drink;
- Check the color of your urine when you use the bathroom: clear means you are hydrated while yellow shows that you need more water.